7.29.2016

Shrinkable Jar // Hero Arts

Happy Friday!
Today's card features some stamp stretching techniques, using the cute Hero Arts Mason Jar Bugs stamp set.

The jar was a little too big to my purposes, so I partially inked up the top of my stamp with Versamark and stamped the jar on my cardstock, added my white embossing powder, and heat embossed it.
Then, after cleaning my stamp, I patted my image with my anti-static powder tool to make sure that the stamp was completely dry. I then inked up the bottom half, lined it up with the partially embossed jar, and stamped. Once I added the embossing powder, I was able to gently brush off any embossing powder that tried sticking in the wrong place.


I stamped flowers from the You're So Lovely stamp set in Navy, Pool and Soft Pool, to create a nice bouquet coming out of the jar (I like to put flowers in jars ;)). I also die cut some of the leaves out of vellum to fill in the bouquet and add a nice soft color.
The sentiment is from the You're So Lovely stamp set as well, stamped on a die cut vellum label, made using the Kelly's Label Stamp and Cut stamp set.


Once I had adhere my different elements to a white panel with some sequins, I adhered it to a card base stamped with Woodgrain Bold Prints by Lia in Soft Granite.

Thanks so much for stopping in today and God bless!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Simon Says Stamp Fog
Stamps: Hero Arts You're So LovelyWoodgrain Bold Prints by Lia and Kelly's Label Stamp and Cut
Ink: Versamark, Hero Arts NavySoft PoolPool, and Soft Granite
Other: clear sequins (Simon Says Stamp), string and vellum (stash), Hero Arts white embossing powder

Tools: Cuttlebug, Hero Arts You're So Lovely dies and Kelly's Label Stamp and Cut die, embossing gun

3 comments:

  1. OK, so this was so smart! I love how you shrunk your jar to have it fit your design! Gorgeous blues and grays together...another beautiful card, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a great technique! Love how you created that jar full of flowers. Beautifully done, Clare!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)