7.09.2016

Jelly Good Birthday II // Hero Arts

Hello all! I hope you're having a lovely weekend so far! I'm popping in today to share some more inspiration for the Hero Arts July My Monthly Hero kit - it's already sold out! You guys are awesome!

Anywho, my card is relatively simple, but involves a slightly tricky technique - embossing on acetate.


For the background, I first lightly watercolored it in blue ink in a gradient-ish pattern, with the blue fading as it got to the top of the card. I then stamped the kelp (algae? not sure lol) using the fabulous Mermaid Ombre ink on the bottom of the watercolored piece.


Before I could add the gorgeous sequins from Lucy Abrams, I stamped and heat embossed the jellyfish in white on a piece of acetate. I used acetate from the Avery Elle stamp pockets for this card, since the Simon Says Stamp cd pockets weren't quite large enough. I then added my sequins, and topped of the card with some droplets and a die cut frame.

Here's a video (from the release blog hop) with some tips for heat embossing on acetate...


Thanks so much for stopping in and I hope your weekend finishes off fabulously!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Canson watercolor
Stamps: Hero Arts July My Monthly Hero
Ink: Hero Arts Mermaid Ombre and Versamark
Other: Hero Arts white embossing powder, Avery Elle storage pockets, Lucy Abrams sequins

Tools: heat gun, rectangle dies, anti-static powder pouch, water, paintbrush

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love your card and the one in your video too! Those Lucy Abrams sequins are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)