1.22.2016

Masculine and Feminine Valentine Cards // Hero Arts

Hi, today I'm here to share two cards that happened while I was playing around with ideas for THIS blog post. They didn't make the cut for the Hero Arts blog, but I still wanted to share them.


This is obviously the more feminine of the two - I'm planning on giving this one to my mom.
I added some ink splatters for a little extra oomph.


For both cards, I stamped the sentiment on a piece of masking paper, and then cut around it to create a mask for when I stamped my arrows and added the ink splatters.


This is a more masculine card, which could be even more "manly" if the pearls were removed. I just might do that before I give this to my dad.


For this second card, I only used two ink pads - the grey ink, and then a Hero Arts ombre ink pad. I really love these ink pads, because you can use them for the ombre effect, or you can use them to stamp individual colors, since the ink pad is made up of three separate ink colors.

Thanks so much for stopping in today and God bless!

SUPPLIES


Cardstock: Hero Arts Snow Layering Papers
Stamps: Hero Arts Love You Message and Love by Lia
Ink: Hero Arts Soft Yellow, Soft Apricot, Fresh Peach, Tide Pool to Navy Ombre, and Charcoal
Other: Hero Arts Sunshine and Pool Mixed Accents

Tools: paintbrush, water, Cuttlebug, Simon Says Stamp mini hearts dies

3 comments:

  1. LOVE these. It's always fun to see a masculine and feminine version of the same design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, love how you have used the arrows.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)