8.18.2015

Stamped Background Focus // Avery Elle

Hello, I'm here today with a card background made using two small image stamps.
This card is for the AEI{heart}U Embossing challenge, with the entire embossed background created using the two small branch images from the adorable Storybook stamp set.
Seriously, can't stop using it.


I topped off the little fawn with an embossed bow, and added some embossed butterflies to give the fawn something to look at. Once I had heat embossed the butterflies, I flipped them over and colored their wings using a Distress Ink marker. After coloring, I zapped the butterflies once more with the heat gun, so that the marker coloring didn't smear.


I did some simple coloring on the fawn with a Memento Marker in Desert Sand. This is the best it gets from someone coloring impaired (i.e. me). ;)


I doubled up the white part of the frame, just to give a little dimension to the project. 


And guess what? I made a video!


That's it for me today! Thanks so much for stopping in and God bless!

SUPPLIES

Cardstock: Bazzill
Stamps: Avery Elle "Storybook", Lawn Fawn "Beep Boop Birthday"
Ink: Versamark, Versafine, Distress Ink, Memento
Other: embossing powder (Hero Arts)

Tools: Cuttlebug, Papertrey Ink Simply Jane die, Avery Elle Storybook die, Lawn Fawn Beep Boop Birthday die, heat gun

5 comments:

  1. Fantastic background! Thanks for joining us at the AEI♥U Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO very lovely ! I love the vines on the background and that Fawn is so sweet!! Adorable!! Thank you floor you very sweet comments on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling card a beautiful background ! Nice job on designing your SIL blog,it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is adorable, Clare! Well done making your sweet background and adding the bow and the butterflies! I really enjoyed your video; thank you for taking the time to do that! I applaud you for using your scraps for your die-cutting!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)