7.02.2014

A happy typewriter

...is there really such a thing? I was gonna say no when the thought first popped in my head, but then I thought of one of my good friends who loves to write, and then looking at this card, I almost wonder.

This card was inspired by two things - THIS super sweet card, and then the exploding flower power thing was inspired by THIS pin.


I'm not quite satisfied with the way the card turned out, so I might give it another go except in purple tones, for my writer friend.
Anyways, this is for the new Hero Arts One Layer challenge - I used a bunch of random sets for the flowers, but I primarily used the Typewriter Notes and Sundrifter: Love This. I also used some new to me Hero Arts ink - honestly, I don't know my inks at ALL, so I don't remember which grey shade I used exactly, but I do love their cube sets - a great way for me to see which colors I like and how I like the ink.

Thanks for stopping in!

***********************************
Cardstock: Canson
Stamps: Hero Arts "Typewriter Notes", "Sundrifter: Love This" and other assorted Hero Arts sets
Ink: Hero Arts, Versamark, Tim Holtz
Gem: Darice
Other: embossing powder

Tools: heat gun, water, paintbrush

7 comments:

  1. That is the most perfect watercolor blob I've ever seen! Well done. Love the light and airy feel you've achieved, Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brill idea, love the colours you chose. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a clever card Clare, I love it :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love the selective additions of color. I have this typewriter set and I really never grow tired of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)