1.05.2012

friends

I thought today would be a fitting time to post the very first card with I made with GCD Studio's papers since they're starting to come out with their new Janurary '12 CHA lines! Didja see the 'Botanique' line today? I was feeling rather dubious about it at first, then I figured it would be perfect for some soft, shabby, baby/romance cards. But even if this isn't your style, stick around! GCD Studios has got some more amazing lines yet to show you, and you can be sure I'll alert you when my two faves come out. ;)

CARDS picked this one up for the September mag, and wow, was I surprised to see it in the magazine - the white paper on the card hung lopsided because my adhesive gave out! {sigh}, that'll teach me to use cheap adhesive. :/ lol


NO stamps, and this is pretty much the first card I ever made specifically for a call. The call was 'acrylic' - I figured most crafters were like me in the aspect that they don't use this medium very often, so I reasoned a card using acrylic had more chance of getting picked up then say, a card submitted for a general themed (such as 'birthday') card. Just a little tip. :) Actually, I just realized CARDS is having another card for acrylic, so maybe you should give it a go...? :) HERE's the link.
Oh, and one other tip, if you're using clear acrylic, Glossy Accents is a fabulous way of adhering them without seeing funky stuff behind them.


Well, I need to get my sleep now, as I'll be waking early tomorrow to make lots of sweet goodies for my brothers before they all take off Friday.
Blessings!

***************************************
Cardstock: Hero Arts, Bazzil
Patterned paper: GCD Studios "Animal Crackers - Girl"
Other: acrylic alphabet letters (Maya Road), ribbon, pearls (Recollection)

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, glossy accents, MS punch

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the pub Clare!!! This is one GORGEOUS card!!! I love the colors!!! So bright and cheerful...a perfect choice for those butterflies :)

    Thank you so much for taking time to leave your message on my blog. You warmed my heart and I appreciate that so much. I sure do miss you!!!! LOVE YOU SISTAH <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the pub Clare!!! This is one GORGEOUS card!!! I love the colors!!! So bright and cheerful...a perfect choice for those butterflies :)

    Thank you so much for taking time to leave your message on my blog. You warmed my heart and I appreciate that so much. I sure do miss you!!!! LOVE YOU SISTAH <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Love the acrylic letters.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your use of acrylic letters, Clare! Would never have thought of that! And thanks also for the links.....I keep trying!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a sweet card..love those acrylic letters..they are too cool..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Clare - the acrylic letters are such a fun touch. A worthy pickup, Rx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, this is very pretty! Love the color combo you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so pretty! Congrats on getting published! Yay! And congrats on winning the Hero Arts challenge too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)