3.13.2011

Thank you kindly

...sweet friends and readers. Your comments always make me smile and lift my spirits. :)

I apologize if the following photo hurts your eyes...my poor blue camera, barely a year and a half old, is losing its grip on picture taking. All the photos come out blurry, which means I have to use the 'sharpen' tool on Picnik to the extreme...and thus, the hardness of the photo.
So if anyone has any good suggestions for a good detail (macro) camera under $150, please let me know...I'm getting pretty desperate to find the almost perfect digital camera.
Anyways, this is made for this weeks Embellish color challenge...funny, I used to dislike color challenges, and now I just can't get enough. ;)


Some pretty Waltzingmouse Stamps, and the lovely Hero Arts music background.
Oh my gorgeousness, I just love this purple music background :)


I will be absent most of this week from blog-land as well, as there are a lot of fun things coming up soon that are keeping me pretty busy. I really have loads of cards to share, but just not the time. ;)

Thanks so much for stopping in, and I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

ETA: I just noticed how mine and Lin's cards (for the same challenge), look so alike! lol! Great minds think alike, so they say! ;)

****************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: LSS, Bazzil
Patterned paper: Heidi Grace, Crate "Restoration"
Stamps: Hero Arts "Music Background", Waltzingmouse "Fancy Phrases" and "Very Vintage Labels 4"
Ink: Tim Holtz "Walnut Stain", Joann's (purple ink), Martha Stewart (green ink)
Trim: American Crafts "Dear Lizzy"

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, stylus, MS punches

14 comments:

  1. Super pretty and so detailed, I love how well you used that floral trim! I sometimes find those trims hard to use due to the size, but love what you've done here, and the fluttering butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your take on this challenge, Clare! Love those voluptuous flowers and those sweet little butterflies! (I almost added them to my card, but couldn't find a good place for them)......great PITTSBURGH minds think alike! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and beautiful, Clare! I love how you used the elements and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds DO think alike as I made a card this afternoon with a very similar design, but different colors.
    Your music BG stole my heart and that sentiment is perfect.
    I'm so sorry your camera is dying. That is never good for a blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Clare!!! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great card Clare. I like your style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love this beautiful design, Clare!! love how you used those colors, too. gorgeous card. so is it the sign that your digital camera is going? i mean when they start to lose the ability to focus? then i think mine is going, too... it just won't focus right, but then it would be fine for close-ups. really strange. let me know if you get any good suggestions on a new one! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a true beauty! Love the softness of the card and the "pop" of the bold trim. (Hmmm, may have to purchase the HA music background stamp).
    I so admire your sweetness and spunk! I'm assuming you're in college (boy, I wish I had this hobby when I was in college. It sure would have been a great destresser then...but it is now with two kids (ha!) Have fun on your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your car is beautiful, the colours are fabulous together, i would never have thought to use that combo
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card Clare - it really rocks the challenge colours ;) And that trim is so drool-worthy!
    Hugs, Ruth S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Clare!! I love the rosettes and music notes!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Clare! Love the sheet music background and butterflies and the gorgeous flowers and the sentiment! Guess that means I love it ALL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Stunning card! I love the design and the colors are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous! So soft and serene. Great layout, too. So glad you joined us at Embellish this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)