1.26.2011

Thinking of You doll

Thanks SO much for all the sweet comments - they really make me smile (and even blush!)! Just thought I should mention once again how much I appreciate you. :)


So, about a week or two ago, I got rid of almost two thirds of my patterned paper stash, by giving it away online.

It felt soooo good. :)

I decided to do some further cleaning (to make way for 2011 Winter CHA releases!) by challenging myself to make cards using 'old' papers.

October Afternoon "Fly a Kite" and "Thrift Shop" were the first collections I went after. For this card, I actually didn't use too much of the paper, but even though it was just one scrap, I still feel proud, because I didn't let it just gather dust!


I had already colored in the doll one day, (for fun because I usually don't like putting colored images on my cards) and it happened to slip out with the papers I already had out.


Mmm, how do you like that ribbon? It's a new color now available in my shoppe. I also have lots of vintage images that I've added, with samples coming soon. :)

I want to mention that our computers software was switched (for better protection from viruses), so now all the quick links I had of blogs I visit are gone. I am trying to go through all the blogs and bookmark them again, but if you notice I am not commenting regularly on your posts, then your blog might've slipped my notice. If so, just leave a comment/drop an e-mail letting me know, because I do not want to miss out on any of your creations. :)

Anyways, thanks for stopping in and have a happy hump day!

ETA: This card was made for this weeks SSC and WeeMemories challenges. :)

*******************************
Card recipe
Cardstock: LSS, Hero Arts
Patterned paper: October Afternoon "Fly a Kite", K&Company
Stamps: Hero Arts "Dolls" and "Thinking of You messages"
Ink: Staz-on, Tim Holtz "Walnut Stain"
Ribbon: Seam binding available HERE
Pearls: Hero Arts
Other: flower

Tools: trimmer, adhesive, scissors, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug, Glossy Accents

5 comments:

  1. SO sweet and lovely, Clare! I love the colors and pattern paper you chose! I find it hard to use pattern paper...probably because I'm a die hard stamper (LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet, Clare! love the delightful colors you used and the design is fabulous as always! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the happy colors and that flower in here hair is a fantastic touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and the colours are gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little doll. How cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)