6.29.2010

Welcome baby

Hiya!
So I looked through my folders, and found one card I can share with you today. Hope you like it. :)


The green may look yucky in this photo, but it really looks like the green in the photo below...


Used some DCWV paper that I bought a long time ago - when the only paper lines I knew about was DCWV and Bazzil....ah, the dark ages. ;) As you can also see, my sewing machine is still broken, but in this case, I like the affect of the hand stitching.

Instructions: Trim card base and kraft centerpiece. Cut patterned papers out. Hand stitch glitter patterned paper near sides. Cut balloons out and cut/adhere strings to bottom. Stamp image, and trim. Tie balloon strings around elephant trunk. Adhere doily onto kraft centerpiece, than, using foam squares to separate each layer, adhere pink paper and glitter paper. than adhere elephant and balloons onto papers. Add alphabet stickers. Tie bow around card base, and top with embellished kraft centerpiece using foam squares.


Hope you had a nice weekend, and thanks for popping in!

*******************************
Welcome card recipe
Cardstock: Bazzil
Patterned paper: DCWV "Pocket Full of Posies", K&Company
Stamp: Hero Arts "Elephants"
Ink: Colorbox
Stickers: Making Memories
Ribbon: Hug Snug
Other: string, embroidery floss, doily

Tools: scissors, trimmer, adhesive, foam squares

6 comments:

  1. This is adorable Clare! Love the elephant and I have that paper from "the dark ages" too LMBO!! I have yet to use it either! Now I want to whip it out knowing I really could make something with it LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clare, I love this card! Where do you get the doilies from? I have this paper too! So like Amy, I see how I can use it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news aboout papercrafts Clare! thanks for sharing this sweet little card, I love it! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cograts on the Papercraft submissions...well deserved! Love what you've done with this card...very clever hiding the ribbon round the layer too. Love the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the pub!! How exciting! This is an adorable card! Love the twine and the sentiment just hovering above it! The doily adds the perfect feminine touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that little ellie!!! So cute!!! What a gorgeous card Clare!!! CONGRATS on being published!!! I can't wait to see it in print! I am sooooo excited for you!!!

    BTW..what you wrote on my blog today is so sweet...it means so much to me that I have printed it out and put it on my board above my scrap desk. Thank you for taking the time to do that...you completely made my day! LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)