4.09.2010

Hoppy Day!

Hello!

The mouse clicking problem was apparently a one day thing (you never know what's going to happen next with this computer), so I'll have a lot of catching up to do.

Anyways, made this card for this weeks Card Pattern sketch - I was excited because it gave my the perfect opportunity to use my hole punch {the only punch I have}. 
I kinda...chopped the sketch in half, but oh well...;)


Used one of my Prima rubons and in a way that didn't make me want to rip up the card. ;) I punched the circles out from the Cosmo Cricket "Girl Friday" line, and snipped little wedges into some of them for a lily pad affect. Printed out the sentiment on my computer using Kevin&Amanda fonts, scrolled it, then adhered it to the little frog. Adhered all the papers together, and finished it off with a bow.

Random note to show you how crazy I am; my DT boss, Judy, is letting all of us DT gals get scrappin' products for retail, which means I'm gonna go broke. The good news is, I'm getting lots of yummies, including October Afternoons two new collections, "Fly a Kite" and "The Thrift Shop" for an awesome price. The weird part is, I dreamed last night of their arrival here. So yes, I am crazy. ;)

Anyways, thanks for popping in!

***************************
Hoppy Birthday card recipe
Cardstock: PatCatans
Patterned paper: Cosmo Cricket "Girl Friday", and "Honey Pie"
Sentiment: printed using fonts from Kevin&Amanda
Ribbon: Offray
Image: Prima

Tools: trimmer, punch, adhesive, pop it dots

8 comments:

  1. Another wonderful creation Clare!! So stylish and FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! Your designs are always so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. too fun!! LOVE the lily pad idea! fabulous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these lily pads - what a cute card! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, love all the patterns! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the sketch - thanks for playing with Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable Clare! The snippets out of the circles make me think of pac-mac. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave me a comment - it is always much appreciated. :)